Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday 22 August

Dry sunny morning - we went up on  to the Lower Burgh Meadow after we had been to the big lodge.

Feeding time.

Young Swans are first to the trough.

Hazel Nut - Coryluss avellana

Hedge Bindweed - Calystegia sepium

Hedge Bindweed - Calystegia sepium

Hedge Bindweed - Calystegia sepium

Found in the hedgerow it must be from the nearby kennels there is plenty around there.
Montbretia - Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora

This is a little bit of a rarity these days, it seems to be losing the battle with the local fishermen - they clear patches of reeds to fish and this suffers. 
Narrow Leaved Water Plantain - Alisma lanceolata

Purple Loosestrife - Lythrum salicaria

Purple Loosestrife - Lythrum salicaria

Top Lodge Reed Beds.


View across Top Lodge.

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. Hoo boy... that Lithrum is a REAL baddie over here. I know it has all the natural checks and balances where you are, but I'm so trained to think bad thoughts that I am working hard to restrain myself from gnashing my teeth at the site of it! Do you know how much of that stuff I've pulled, hacked, shoveled, (and needed dynamite for)?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)