Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Tuesday 23 November

Above freezing this morning, we were on our own and drifting from place to place.


Deer Carving

Channel to Top Lodge

Looking toward Top Lodge, the channel is dry on this side.

Weir & Fish Ladder

This is a really large trunk that has been moved down by the river.

Looking down the new path from the viewing platform.

Steps to the old path.

Meg is waiting for me at the top.

Path to Dry Bones.

Red Campion - Silene dioica

Meg by an old Stile no longer used.

This mound of earth is the remains of an old cottage.

It fronted on to the channel and river. The stile was used then.

You can still see the remains of the brick walls.

The cottage must have been tiny, with a fireplace/cooking range in the middle of the room. Wish there was a photo of it standing but have never come across one.

I often wonder when it was demolished.

The path that leads past it now, it would be a busy thoroughfare back then with all the industry in the valley.

Robin having his breakfast.

Top Lodge

Coot

Mallard

Moorhen

Foxglove - Digitalis purpurea

Another Robin having his breakfast

Great Tit

Chaffinch & Great Tit

Blue Tit

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know about the weather today 1st Dec up here near Nelson in NE Lancs, it's bitterly cold with a fresh NE wind not a lot of snow but what has fallen has been blown about into small drifts. I can now walk on my frozen garden ponds and the birds in my garden are very hungry so I'm giving them extra food. Saw a Blackcap on Mon. on a bird feeder in a garden on the moors above Hebden Bridge. Keep posting your blogs as I always read them but perhaps I should reply more often.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)