Monday, July 04, 2011

Monday 27 June

Dry hot morning.

 New path and old channel near the weir.
 Weir & Fishladder
 Path behind the weir.
 Drybones Cottage Outbuildings
 Drybones Old Toilet
 Common Valerian - Valeriana officinalis
 Foxglove - Digitalis purpurea leaning against the tree.
 Enchanter's Nightshade - Circaea lutetiana
 Raspberry - Rubus idaeus
 Peacock Caterpillars they are growing but not many about.
 White Common Spotted Orchid - Dactylorhiza fuchsii
 Small Skipper
 Speckled Wood
Water Forgetmenot -  Myosotis scorpioides

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying looking through all posts, but i am not a walker, but it has been suggested that i contact you by Lancashire Genealogy site as i am searching for photos of Woodside Cottage Duxbury, as it was in the 1940`s upwards to the early 1970`s before it fell into disrepair. They wondered if any of your older members had any pictures , maybe in attics, cupboard or in an album. I am doing my family tree and my Granma Margaret Alice Green was born here 1876. the last ones that lived there were Mary ( Polly Green ) and her son William (Bill) Green, they were my relatives. please can you help. it is for my family tree. thank you

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)