Monday, October 18, 2010

Friday 15 October

Dry again - we had a walk up to the Lower Burgh Meadow.

Swans waiting for some one to come along with breakfast.

Viper's Bugloss - Echium vulgare still in flower on the lower burgh.


Wild Strawberry - Fragaria vesca - found this one plant on the Rucks.

Wild Strawberry - Fragaria vesca - I have to admit I picked this one and enjoyed eating it.

Wild Strawberry - Fragaria vesca - it was still flowering.


Wilson's Honeysuckle - Lonicera nitida - this photo does not do the violet coloured berries justice.

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the Viper's Bugloss, even though it's such a weed. I've got it in my flower bed and move the first year rosettes around so they will bloom where I want them.

    The Wilson's Honeysuckle is quite distinctive. We don't have that one.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)