Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friday 10 June

Dry Morning and we strolled round Primrose Hill & Spring Wood.

 Creeping Thistle Buds - Circium arvense
 Creeping Thistle almost open - Circium arvense
 Marsh Thistle White Form - Cirsium palustre
 Soft Rush - Juncus effusus
 Soft Rush - Juncus effusus
Spear Thistle Buds - Circium vulgare

We were at Knott End before dinner, the weather was perfect.

 Common Mallow - Malva Sylvestris
 Common Mallow - Malva Sylvestris
 Dovesfoot Cranesbill - Geranium molle
 Looking across Morecambe Bay toward Lancaster - I think the white buildings to the left are the University

 Rest-harrow - Ononis repens
 Sea Mayweed - tripleurospermum maritimum
 Wall Barley - Hordeum murinum
 Weld - Reseda luteola
 Wild Carrot - Daucus carota
Wild Carrot - Daucus carota

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled at my old friend Juncus effusus. I don't know several of those at all. Not even the genus.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)