Monday, December 24, 2012

Sunday 16 December

Damp again 

I found Male Fern - Dryopteris filix-mas on the Lower Burgh Meadow - it's the one I expect to find.
 Male Fern - Dryopteris filix-mas
 Male Fern - Dryopteris filix-mas
 Birch Woodwort on Silver Birch stump on the rucks
Can't mistake the bark of White Poplar - Populus alba plenty on the edge of the Lower Burgh
This is only the second Scaly Male-fern - Dryopteris affinis I have found in the valley, this was on the rucks, I will check this area when I have more time. The other was in Burgh Wood.
 Scaly Male-fern - Dryopteris affinis
 The blackish spot where the leaflets meet the midrib is the pointer I look for to tell if it is Scaly Male-fern - Dryopteris affinis

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you looked in :)