Sunday, March 03, 2013

Saturday 2 March

Dry cold morning

The beautiful red/wine coloured male catkins of Alder - Alnus glutinosa
 There's been a bench here for as long as I have walked the valley, this is a newish metal one, very rarely see anyone using it, the reason being it looks at a fence, I have used the old one in the past when I was ill. I believe the main purpose of this bench is for a breather on the way up the brow, it is quite a testing climb and the bench was always a welcome rest for me then. 
No female flowers as yet but plenty of male catkins on the Hazel - Corylus avellana
 I am always amazed at the variation in the leaf of Common Ivy - Hedera helix
View from the gate on Sunny Brow, it is a glorious day.

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you looked in :)