Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tuesday 15 March

Mild & Dry.
We walked up to the Lower Burgh.

Finally found our first Colt's-foot - Tussilago farfara in flower.

Colt's-foot - Tussilago farfara 

As we fed the birds we noticed this Coot it has lost part of its leg probably fishing line.

Meg mousing.

Presume that these willows are being coppiced 

by the friends of the Burgh.


I was in the greenhouse after dinner checking the plants I had over wintered - not many these days - use to be over a thousand now I keep very few.
I planted these seeds January last year - well they are finally having a burst of growth, might be able to pot them on this year.
Fraser Fir - Abies fraseri
This has gathered a few cobwebs over the winter.

Can't wait till they are big enough for a few Christmas decorations.

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you looked in :)