Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wednesday 12 February

Dry morning my shoulder is a lot better, can't do any weight lifting but who wants to :)

We decided to have a look around the old cottage area that we see from across the top lodge, I must put some old photos on to show you how beautiful they looked back when life was hard and yet values meant  more, there I go on my maudlin soap box, I have got down and have relaxed.
 This is the old cottage area - steps that are being slowly covered by mother nature, she reclaims most things back after we leave.


 I always feel sad that we have not documented this area enough, not a lot of photos of what was a busy industrial community.
 Daisy - Bellis perennis
 Hartstongue - Asplenium scolopendrium lots in the old brickwork
 Lords & Ladies - Arum maculatum
 Scarlet Elf Cup - just one 
Willow Bud