Friday, November 21, 2014

Saturday 15 November

A good morning and we wandered all over.
All the fungi has been ID by my expert friends - they will say enthusiastic amateurs, well they are good.

 I can't say I have seen this before so another first, there was only one among the roots of a Sycamore Bulbous Honey Fungus - Armillaria gallica

The path to Lowes Tenement Farm
 Photographer setting up for a long wait - hoping for a shot of the trout or salmon jumping.

On Silver Birch, Glistening Inkcap - Coprinellus micaceus
 Sulphur Tuft - Hypholoma fasciculare var. fasciculare
 Tansy - Tanacetum vulgare

It was only the other day I found out the name of the cottage that once stood here, I am stood on what was the fire/oven looking out toward the weir, it was called Whet Stone Cottage, demolished in the 50/60s

Flowering again Bramble - Rubus fruticosus

Take Care

1 comment:

  1. I think it's always so sad when old cottages disappear, but it's nice that you learned the name.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you looked in :)