Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday 2 June

On our own today so we headed toward the Lower Burgh.
Common Figwort was in flower on the old car park, Birkacre Rucks. These are quite tall compared to the ones on the Burgh.
Passed the Rangers dugout and noticed the area was planted up but I would have gone for wild flowers, these are Bacopa usually found in hanging baskets.
Up to the small lodge and the Yellow Water Lily was finally in flower.
On to the Burgh - someones pride & joy once, but not what you want to find on a morning walk.
Was taking a photo of the Comfrey when I spotted this Dance Fly waiting for it's next meal.
Back to the Common Comfrey, trying to show the winged leaves running down the stem.
Foxgloves
Perforate St. John's Wort not in flower.
I am still looking for the Square Stalked I found last year, it's amazing how the mind plays tricks on you and convinces you a certain spot is the right one. I will have to widen my search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you looked in :)